Hi, Hi, Hi!! We are pretty excited about today’s post– a new bag review! We love bag reviews– why, do you ask? Because the need to post a bag review means we have a NEW bag and we LOVE new bags ;-)! The West 57th Crossbody Hobo is our feature bag for today. This style is not a “brand new” style from Henri Bendel, this bag was offered in the Fall of last year, however there are some new and FABULOUS Spring colors that is placing this bag in the spotlight once again and breathing new life into a very functional and on trend style!
All about the bag:
The bag is 100% Saffiano leather– very versatile and resilient! Fully lined inside with signature satin HB lining. Magnetic closure, interior and one exterior front pocket. The fabric and leather trimmed crossbody strap measures in at a generous 22″long. Bag measures approx.: 11″ H x 14″ W x 2.5″ D.
The West 57th Crossbody is available in 5 of the top trending colors for Spring! Available in Chipmunk (shown above), Indigo Bunting (shown above), Poinciana, Sea Salt and Bodacious. I have the crossbody in Chipmunk and I love it! I must admit I wasn’t attracted to the style at first, but I tried it on and the rest is history! The bag was very comfortable and overall a great fit. I am always on the hunt for functional yet stylish accessories that help keep me at least feeling polished while I am out and about running errands or running about town with my kids!
This very lovely bag will make an awesome Valentine’s Day gift (hint, hint) for some lucky lady. And ladies, if your guy needs a little help feel free to print our this post and leave it in strategic yet obvious places for your beau to find! Right now HenriBendel.com is offering a free gift with every $200 purchase! Don’t miss!
- 100% Saffiano Leather
- Comfortable long crossbody strap
- Gorgeous color options
- Inside zippered middle compartment and large zippered pocket
- Bag is fully lined
- Could hold an Ipad mini or tablet – may have to sacrifice other items
- Monogramming available
- Retails for $278; for the price there are definitely other crossbody bags available; the price is definitely in line with a typical HB bag
- The inside of the bag felt a bit small to me, I wasn’t able to use the magnetic closure once all of my items were inside– but I think with most crossbody styles women tend to edit what they carry in order to maintain the overall look of the bag when worn, so I don’t know if this will be a big concern to some
- Magnetic closure; this didn’t bother me very much, but I know that this can be an important feature for some as magnetic closure don’t offer the same security as a zippered bag
- Shoulder strap isn’t adjustable
Overall Rating: 31/40; a little pricey, but overall a great looking, stylish bag for work or play
What do you ladies think– perfect Valentine’s gift or “no thanks”? We’d love to hear from you! Do you own this bag? Tell us what you think!
This bag was purchased by me for me, I did not receive as part of any promotional incentive or gift
**All images courtesy of henribendel.com website