I hope that everyone had a lovely Fall weekend and a productive Monday! The weather here in ATL was gorgeous over the weekend but started out super wet and gloomy today! The skies have cleared but I imagine we’ll have more Fall sweater weather now that the rain has passed, at least for this week!
I’ve seen/read about the “twelve things” post a lot of bloggers are doing now and thought– why not? The twelve things post is a post that features twelve random things or facts about the blogger, could be anything they are willing to share– likes, goals, current projects, family, anything! I thought that this would be a fun way to share more of me and connect with you all; perhaps we’ll find that we have lots in common!
- I am really interested in doing community awareness and outreach type of work. I am interested in working with other organizations or bloggers that are focused on working with young people to help drive change and create opportunities for them that will positively impact their futures and build stronger more close-knit communities and support systems. We need to come together people!
- I manage this blog and Chickwares.com the online boutique! Chickwares started first as an online store and then the blog came after. It is my current passion and creative outlet. Combines my love of fashion, shopping, all things girl and sharing my ideas and tips! My little piece of Zen! Check it out if you have a chance www.chickwares.com
- I am striving to become a better runner. I plan to participate monthly in area races. I never much enjoyed running growing up, but now find a feeling of accomplishment whenever I complete a race or route.
- I love coffee! I’ve found that as I’ve gotten older I really enjoy drinking coffee most anytime of day! don’t necessarily “need” it for the caffeine jolt as I can drink decaf and be happy with that, I just enjoy it! It’s something about the warmth and comfort of the drink. Yummy!
- I am obsessed with becoming a better blogger and to be more consistently active on all my social media platforms. I’ve always done OK, but I know there is so much more to this social media world, participating more and connecting more is key!
- Pink is my favorite color. Such a happy and warm color!
- I love to shop and help people shop! The hunt for the perfect gift or “thing” that I can pull together and bring a smile to someone’s face is awesome!
- I am a collector of handbags! That was never my intention, but based on the number of bags that I have acquired I supposed I could be considered a collector! 🙂
- I love monograms and personalized options for everything! My favorite everyday necklaces right now are these oversized initial necklaces with my kids initials on them, I wear them all the time. I recently ordered a pendant with my monogram, can’t wait to get it!
- I really want to start a subscription box service focused on accessories and gifting. I have so many ideas and equally as many doubts! The creative in me says try it, but the other side of me is really questioning timing and execution– decisions!
- I design jewelry and looking for more chances to develop and grow my craft so that when the opportunitiy arises I am ready to share my work with a broader group of people!
- I love planners and all things stationery! I am obsessed! Planners, paper, notebooks, journals pens, pencils, stickers– you name it! There are so many planners and journals available now that allow you to really be creative and personalize more that I find myself having serious conversations with myself when I come across a new planner or notebook– “self: you do not need another!” I still enjoy the art of writing and capturing moments whether via pictures, journaling or scrapbooking I think it’s great! Make great gifts too!
Well that makes 12! I hope you enjoyed reading these very random 12 things about me and my interests! If you have any questions please reach out!
Do we have similar tastes? Any guidance or suggestions for me?! Leave a comment, I’d love to hear from you!
Find us on Instagram and Facebook @chickwares